On August 27th, the Beijing Royal Campus Faculty and Staff Meeting for the 2021-2022 School Year was held on campus and livestreamed for teachers and faculty. BRS Chief Principal Wang Guangfa extended the warmest of welcomes to our new and returning teachers, and shared with us the recent changes in the domestic and international education situation and education policies.
Education in China is changing significantly due to national guidelines designed to give full play to the main role of schools in teaching and education. Authorities proposed these changes to ease students’ academic burdens and stress, due to excessive homework and off-campus tutoring for students undergoing compulsory education. Meanwhile, U.S.-China relations are moving in a positive direction as academic opportunities open up once again to Chinese students. We must continue to insist on the development of international education without wavering.
Looking ahead to the new school year, Principal Wang shared his perspectives on BRS’s future development and direction:
· During 25 years of development, BRS has firmly implemented the education policies of the Party and the country, and ensured all efforts have been made to provide all-round development of our students.
· Our emphasis remains on teaching quality. We have been committed to and will continue to develop a high-quality education system that satisfies the needs of our people.
· Each and every school division should make good use of the school’s cutting-edge resources and platforms and seize every opportunity to fully enjoy the developments of scientific power in the new era. Teachers should learn to manage and use data systems, master information-based teaching methods through practice, strengthen their own learning, and improving their teaching ability by keeping an open and inquisitive mind.
· BRS maintains our commitment to finding every and any methods or practices necessary to enhance our students’ motivation to study.
· Homeroom teachers need to strengthen their own management and communication skills and represent the school to do well in home-school-education.
· We must continue to make good use of the advantages of modern teaching technology at BRS and continue to offer teaching help to remote areas, improving education equality via our satellite distance teaching technology.
· BRS’s logistics and service team continues working hard to provide the healthiest and safest campus possible for our students and entire campus community.
· BRS will continue to look for ways to improve, enhance and develop campus resources. During the summer vacation, the school upgraded many facilities and venues to optimize its ability to deliver quality education.
·In the future, the school will endeavor to acquire highly qualified management personnel and faculty and will continue to search for more teachers with a strong sense of responsibility who want to become part of the BRS campus community.
After the summer break, we are confident that everyone should be recharged and ready to face any challenges, and have an excellent year ahead. We look forward to greeting our students soon.